We all love to complain about the high rent and the stupidly competitive rental market in TO. While it’s true that you have to be on top of your game in order to land the best apartments for rent in Toronto, the fact is Toronto’s actually the best city to rent in. Here’s why:
- The epic condo boom. Hundreds of new condos are being built in Toronto, a lot of which are being rented. With the amount of living space skyrocketing, renters are given a lot of opportunity to find a home. What’s more is that the possibility of supply outpacing demand for housing means rent prices could drop (if only…). While other cities are experiencing increasing rental prices, Toronto’s rent is remaining relatively flat. Who can complain about that?!
- New rentals become available every day. It can be tiring to compete with a bunch of other would-be renters, but at least fresh, awesome rentals come on the market on a daily basis, meaning you’re never going to run out of options. Plus, rental listings sites like Toronto Rentals, which updates its listings constantly, make your task even easier by filtering out expired listings and letting you refine your search to exactly the type of apartment you’re looking for.
- There is a neighbourhood to suit everyone. Honestly, Toronto has more unique and inspiring neighbourhoods than we could ever imagine could exist in one place – just check out our Neighbourhood Guides to get a rundown of each one. Renters are fortunate because, unlike homeowners, we aren’t committed to one space. When the lease is up, we have the freedom to change locations and explore a new part of the city. This is great news for people who love to explore as well as anyone afraid of commitment (and we don’t just mean to lease agreements!)
- Toronto is a major travel hub. This metropolis connects to travel routes all over the world. Pearson International Airport, Go Transit, and the TTC make it easy for Torontonians to travel out of the city and reach any local or far off destination. This is perfect for people who want the ease of travelling to visit family and friends who live elsewhere. Or better yet, loved ones can come to you and experience a taste of the city life!
- Toronto is one of the safest cities in the world. Toronto is bragged about as one of the top 10 safest cities in the world. The water is clean, infrastructure is regulated and safe, health services are available, and – dare I say it – the people are friendly. I have been to many cities around the world, including a variety of Canadian, European, American, and Southeast Asian capitals. I can easily say that Toronto is one that leaves me feeling the safest.