Ironically, apartment dwellers like us need to find space for storage. It’s like the ultimate Catch 22 of apartment living.
On top of that, particularly small spaces mean there’s nowhere to hide ugly furniture, so our storage needs to be attractive.
It’s a tall order, but today’s Ikea hack for storage goes a long way toward alleviating the pain. This storage shelving unit is recommended in gold, but you could do silver, rose gold, brass, or any other colour that floats your boat.
The parts. You’ll need:
- – $99.00
- spray paint, try x 3 – $3.76 each
- contact paper in marble, or your preferred design, try – $11.87 each
- protective mask for applying spray paint
Do it. This is an easy one.
- First, wipe down the whole shelving unit so it’s perfectly clean and remove the glass shelves.
- Wearing the protective mask, apply the spray paint to the whole thing evenly, according to the instructions. Be sure to get all sides of every vertical and horizontal bar, including the legs.
- While it dries, clean the bottom shelf of the unit perfectly and apply the marble (or other design) contact paper or self-adhering vinyl to the top of that shelf. Stick it down well.
- When everything’s dry and settled, add the final shelf in and store away!