Yesterday, we posted a step-by-step article about how to install a desk in a closet to make a DIY office in your Toronto apartment (click here if you missed it). Today, we’re following up with your Awesome Ikea Hack of the Week: How to build your own modern desk for under $50!
First of all, if you’re planning to make this Ikea hack desk to install inside a closet for a home office, do all your measuring first! Make sure the legs and the desk top will fit inside your closet before you buy.
OK, so here we go.
The parts. You’ll need
- Lerberg trestle legs x2 – $15.00
- Linnmon table top x1 – $23.99
- http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60251340/ (or something like it)
- Assemble the legs as per the Ikea instructions. The top can just sit on top, or screw it into place to make it more sturdy, if necessary.
- Add the extras. Like a cabinet underneath, a shelving unit up above, your electronics and decor. Ta-dah!
More related Ikea Hacks:
- Awesome Ikea Hack of the Week: A light, airy desk for your apartment
- Awesome Ikea Hack of the Week: A chic rolling desk with storage
- Awesome Ikea Hack of the Week: A tiny desk